Prep & Care
The Tanning Timeline
Several Weeks and up to the Day Before Your Tan
- Exfoliate and moisturize your skin daily. Scrub gently as to not damage your skin.
- Start shaving your skin regularly (men as well). You will need to shave everywhere that will be tanned. Your last shave should be either Thursday night or Friday morning.
- Try to avoid applying any adhesives such as rock tape or band-aids. Even waxing can irritate the skin that may be visible when the tanning solution is applied.
- If you can get a base tan from the sun or tanning bed, do so slowly to make sure you do not burn. Peeling can occur up to several weeks after a burn.
On the Day of Your Tan
- Shower and exfoliate with a water based scrub one last time a few hours before your first appointment. We suggest Get Buffed by Pro Tan.
- Do NOT apply lotion, deodorant or makeup.
- Do NOT wear jewelry or bring luggage to your appointment. Radiance Spray Tanning is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Check with your makeup artist about tanning your face. We only do this at your request, as most do not suggest it. For males, we typically spray the face on Saturday morning to blend the color.
- Bring loose, dark clothing and flip flops to wear after your tan. Avoid elastic bands and straps.
- If you have long hair, please have your hair up and off of your body.
- Men bodybuilders may want to bring a sock, thong or old posing trunks to tan in.
Immediately After Your Tan
- DO NOT SHOWER!
- Try to avoid sweating and contact with water. Placing toilet paper in the toilet before use will help prevent splashing.
- Skin to skin contact tends to rub off the tanning solution, so long sleeves and pants are recommended while sleeping.
- Bring your own wash cloths, towels, sheets and pillow case with you to use in the hotel and/or your car.
Post Competition Tan Care
- Do not try to scrub the tan off, this may cause a blotchy/spotted appearance.
- Moisturize your skin often. Twice a day is recommended as the tanning solution tends to dry out the skin.
- If you wish to speed up the process of removing your tan, we suggest soaking in a warm bath. After about 5 – 7 days when you notice the tan fading away, then start lightly scrubbing your skin to help remove it.
- Pregnant or nursing women should consult their physician before their session.
- The spray tan ingredient DHA (Dihydroxyacetone) has been approved only for external application and should not be inhaled or ingested internally.
- This product does not contain a sunscreen and does not protect against sunburn.
- By booking a tan with Radiance Spray Tanning, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Waiver and Liability Release.